show / hide sidebar
Take home the gear you want right now with flexible repayment plans to suit your budget and lifestyle.
Motobatt MB5U 12V 7Ah 90CCA AGM Motorcycle Battery with Quadflex Technology
On sale now! off!
Information About This Item
A Motobatt Battery Is A Battery You Can Rely On
Designed specifically for the Australian motorcycle market, Motobatt Batteries with AGM (Absorbent Glass Mat) technology boast a patented terminal design, with a shorter path for the current to follow from the plates to the terminal. This results in a much more solid cranking ability
Motobatt’s innovative internal design is manufactured to overcome the added load from things like hard wired headlights often seen in motorcycles.
Claims are often made by different manufacturers regarding cranking capacity, where on fact, there is little advantage to be had from a battery that cranks harder than what is required to start the bike. Battery design on the other hand is always a payoff. The more cranking you have the less Amp Hour capacity you get, and vice versa. What feature is paramount, is the ability for that battery to withstand repeated attempts to start the bike and how quickly it can recover.
Motobatt Batteries are an improvement on the more conventional design, boasting more lead and less filler which means more available power – Making them ideal for high load, high stress applications.
Whether you’re starting a big V-Twin, Trail Bike or Road bike, a Motobatt AGM Battery won’t leave you stranded!
The AGM Advantage
Superior in design to standard style wet flooded type batteries, Absorbed Glass Matt batteries have been used in military and off -road applications successfully for many years.
The AGM design has many benefits but the key improvement are seen in the areas of longevity and reliability. With each plate in the battery wrapped in a glass wool matting, this keeps the plates separated in a cushioned environment to stop plate vibration which often results in faults between the plates and terminal failure.
Another benefit is the reduction of the ‘mossing eff CT’, a result of plate solation migrating from one plate to another and creating a short. Sculpted lead particles are also unable to float around in the battery and cause shorting between plates as the acid solution is absorbed into the glass matt.
Thank to these and other advantages on the design, AGM batteries also have a much lower discharge rate than wet flooded types, with the ability for the battery to discharge down to 30% of its capacity and then recover repeatedly under a standard alternator charge. This cycle can be done many times, whereas a standard wet cell battery is not capable of withstanding this type of cycling, without failure.
Motorcycles, Jet Skis, mowers etc. can all benefit from an AGM battery.These types of machines tend to have long periods of lying dormant without a charge running through the battery. Most people now use battery charger/maintainers to keep on top of this (they are a great idea and highly recommended). In cars it’s not as important as they tend to be driven every day, so in this environment a wet flooded cell bat very is perfect as its being charged regularly.
So Why don’t bikes come with an AGM battery as factory you ask? Quite simply because AGM Batteries are not cheap to produce when compared to a conventional battery which will do the job if you are riding every day. The fact is in reality, most of us don’t and that's where the benefits of AGM really come into play.
AGM Charging and Care
Motobatt batteries are Factory Activated, meaning it’s conditioned for optimum performance straight from the factory. Being a sealed unit, you don’t have to check or top up acid levels.
So whilst Motobatt batteries have a very low discharge rate compared with conventional designs, from time to time you may need to charge it. AGM batteries MUST be charged by a charger that states it is designed for AGM batteries – A battery charger able to “step charge” at a slow rate and brought back to full power gradually. Most late model quality chargers are capable of this. Check your charger manual for details.
A word of warning, Boost charging this battery on a high setting will damage the battery and void your warranty!! If you are unsure, Get in touch with us and or your battery charger manufacturer for more details.
Motobatt Motorcycle batteries use the latest technology to provide the motorcycle enthusiast with hassle free riding. Quadflex™ technology has 4 terminals (2+ and 2-) and, when necessary, includes spacers, enabling the battery to function in multiple applications. Motobatt batteries also include…
- Absorbed Glass Mat technology – ensures greater protection against vibration and gives longer lifecycle
- No initial charging – install and go
- Maintenance-free – no messy acid to worry about
- 20% more cold-cranking amps
- Easy accessory connection with multi terminals
- Can be used in boats and jet skis
- Voltage: 12
- CCA: 90
- Capacity (10HR): 7
- Weight: 2.30kg / 5.07lbs
- Dimensions (in/mm): L: 4.72 (120) W: 2.36 (60) H: 5.12 (130)
- Assembly Figure - Terminal Locations: 4
- Terminal: 2, M5x2.5 (Part#MPT1)
- Screws: 2XMPS1 (4) M5X7
- Allen Wrench: 1, 3x3 (Part#MPAK1)
- Terminal Caps: 4, 11x5.5 (Part#2xMPC1)
- Spacer: None
- Case Color: Yellow
- Cap Style: N/A
- Replaces: YB5LB, 12N53B
- SRP: N/A
- SUZUKI Scrambler TC250 (69) - 250CC
- SUZUKI Scrambler TC305 (69) - 305CC
- SUZUKI GT 250 Hustler (73-77) - 250CC
- SUZUKI T200, TC200 - 200CC
- SUZUKI T250, T250-II, T250J, T250R (72) - 250CC
- SUZUKI T20 (69) - 250CC
- SUZUKI T305 (69) - 305CC
- SUZUKI T350 Series (79) - 350CC
- SUZUKI TS00 Apache (72-75) - 400CC
- SUZUKI SP600 (85) - 600CC
- SUZUKI DR650S (90-91) - 650CC
- YAMAHA DS6B, DS6C (69-70) - 250CC
- YAMAHA R3 (69) - 350CC
- YAMAHA XT550 (82-83) - 550CC
- YAMAHA XT600 (84-89) - 600CC
- YAMAHA SRX600 (86) - 600CC
- HONDA SL350 Motosport (70-73) - 350CC
- HONDA SL175 Motosport (70-72) - 175CC
- HONDA CL77 Scrambler (65-68) - 305CC
- HONDA CL72 Scrambler (62-65) - 250CC
- HONDA C70 Passport (82-83) - 70CC
- ROYAL ENFIELD All kick-start Models (00-03) - 500CC
- ROYAL ENFIELD All kick-start Models (00-03) - 350CC
- HONDA NH125 Aero (84) - 125CC
- HONDA NH80MD Aero (83-84) - 80CC
- APRILIA ETX 125 (84) - 125CC
- APRILIA ST (83) - 125CC
- APRILIA STX (84) - 125CC
- APRILIA Tuareg (86-88) - 125CC
- APRILIA Tuareg Rally (88-92) - 125CC
- APRILIA ETX 350 (KICK START MODEL) (98) - 350CC
- BENELLI K2 100 (99-03) - 100CC
- CAGIVA Prima 50 (92-94) - 50CC
- HONDA SH 75 SCOOPY (87-95) - 75CC
- HONDA NH80 MD LEAD (83-86) - 80CC
- HONDA NH80 MD LEAD (93-94) - 80CC
- HONDA C 90 M CUB E/START (85-03) - 85CC
- HONDA MBX 125 F (84-86) - 125CC
- HONDA NH125 LEAD (83-86) - 125CC
- HONDA NS 125 F (86) - 125CC
- HONDA NS 125 R2 (87) - 125CC
- KAWASAKI AR 125 A (83-90) - 125CC
- KAWASAKI AR 125 B (84-91) - 125CC
- KYMCO NEXXON 50 (08-09) - 50CC
- KYMCO NEXXON 125 (07-08) - 125CC
- MALAGUTI CIAK 50 (2T) (00-04) - 50CC
- MALAGUTI CIAK 50 TWIN DISC (2T) (00-03) - 50CC
- MALAGUTI F15 FIREFOX (50CC) (2T) (L/C) (96-08) - 50CC
- MALAGUTI NKD 50 DRAKON (05-09) - 50CC
- MBK YN 50 OVETTO (4T) (09-10) - 50CC
- PEUGEOT SV 125 (FRONT DISC MODEL) (91-93) - 125CC
- PIAGGIO SFERA 80 RST (92-93) - 80CC
- SUZUKI CP 80 CH (85) - 80CC
- SUZUKI CS 80 C ROADIE (83) - 80CC
- SUZUKI GT 125 (74-79) - 125CC
- SUZUKI GT 125 E (78-79) - 125CC
- SUZUKI T 200 INVADER 'X5' (67-68) - 200CC
- SUZUKI GT 250 E (X7) (79-81) - 250CC
- SUZUKI RG 250 F GAMMA (MK.3) (2T) (W/C) (86-87) - 250CC
- SUZUKI T 250 (70-72) - 250CC
- SUZUKI T 305 'RAIDER' (2T) (TWIN) (69) - 305CC
- SUZUKI T 350 'REBEL' (2T) (69-72) - 350CC
- SUZUKI DR 600 R (FRONT DISC&REAR DRUM MODEL) (86-89) - 600CC
- SUZUKI DR 600 S RAIDER (85-89) - 600CC
- SUZUKI DR 650 R 'DAKAR' (K/START) (90-91) - 650CC
- SUZUKI DR 650 RS (K/START) (90-91) - 650CC
- YAMAHA NS 50 F AEROX 4 (14) - 50CC
- YAMAHA YN 50 F (NEO'S 4) (4T) (EFI) (09-14) - 50CC
- YAMAHA RD 125 LC MK1 (82-84) - 125CC
- YAMAHA RD 125 LC MK2 (85) - 125CC
- YAMAHA RD 125 LC MK3 (86-87) - 125CC
- YAMAHA TDR 125 (91-92) - 125CC
- YAMAHA TZR 125 (87-93) - 125CC
- YAMAHA TZR 125 R (BANANA SWING ARM) (92) - 125CC
- YAMAHA TZR 125 R-SP (93) - 125CC
- YAMAHA TZR 125 RR (94-95) - 125CC
- YAMAHA YBR 125 ED (CARB) (05-06) - 125CC
- YAMAHA TDR 250 (TPVS) (TZR 250 ENGINE) (88-92) - 250CC
- YAMAHA TZR 250 (PARALLEL TWIN) (87-89) - 250CC
- YAMAHA RD 350 NI YPVS (NAKED) (85) - 350CC
- YAMAHA RD 350 NII YPVS (NAKED) (86-87) - 350CC
- YAMAHA RD 350 FII YPVS (FULLY FAIRED) (86-91) - 350CC
- YAMAHA SRX400 (85-88) - 400CC
- YAMAHA SRX600 (TWIN SHOCK) (86-89) - 600CC
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund less a 20% re-stocking fee and any shipping costs which are unable to be retrieved. Frankies will pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
The balance of the refund will be issued as a store credit for purchase of your next product or paid directly back into your PayPal account. You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
To organise a return of an item, please contact the store the purchase was made from, either via phone, email or dropping into the store.
Frankies offer $9 FLAT RATE Australia-wide shipping, no matter the number of items however, some larger/heavier items may incur a higher fee which will be noted during the checkout procedure. Frankies do not ship to PO Boxes, Parcel Lockers or addresses outside of Australia
Warranty - Genuine Australian Stock
12 Months Warranty